You have a right to report sexual misconduct to the University, to the police, to both or not at all.

Report to the University

Title IX Investigation Office

For complaints that a University student has violated the sexual misconduct provisions of the Student Conduct Code:

University Complaint Investigation and Resolution Office (UCIRO)

For complaints concerning the behavior of University employees, including student employees:

Human Resources

In addition to UCIRO, you can also consult with or make a complaint to central and departmental human resource professionals in a variety of locations: 

Campus Human Resources (serves all UW campuses, schools, and departments)

For complaints concerning the behavior of employees, including student employees:

Harborview Medical Center (HMC) Human Resources

For complaints concerning the behavior of HMC employees, including student employees:

UW Medical Center (UWMC) Human Resources

For complaints concerning the behavior of UWMC employees, including student employees:

Academic Human Resources

For complaints concerning the behavior of faculty, librarians and academic staff:

Departmental Human Resources professionals are housed in most UW departments, including:

UW Bothell Organizational Excellence & Human Resources

UW Tacoma Human Resources

Report to the Police

For information about what to expect when making a police report, please visit our Sexual Assault Resources page.

UW Police Department (UWPD, Seattle Campus)

Emergency 911
206-543-9331 or 206-685-8973

Seattle Police Department

Emergency 911

Bothell Police Department

Emergency 911

Tacoma Police Department

Emergency 911

State and Federal Reporting Options

U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights
Seattle Office 915 Second Ave, Room 3310 Seattle, WA 98174-1099

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Seattle Field Office, Federal Office Building 909 First Avenue, Suite 400 Seattle, WA 98104-1061
Phone: 1-800-669-4000 TTY: 1-800-669-6820

Washington State Human Rights Commission 
711 South Capitol Way, Suite 402, P.O. Box 42490 Olympia, WA 98504-2490